Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

"Stained Glass" Horse Craft for Kids

"Stained Glass" Horse Craft for Kids


On our last trip to the library the girls chose a book called "Where Horses Run Free" by Joy Cowley . It was about the wild mustangs being caught when the settlers headed west. She chose this book because it has horses on the front, and like most 5 year old girls, she loves horses! 


They were really excited to get to play with all the tiny, breakable horses.





Then I decided we could do a fun art project with our wild horses; "Stained Glass".

Supplies to make Stained Glass: 

Instructions for Kids Stained Glass Project:


I started by using my Cricut to cut some wild horses out of black card stock.


This seemed like a good time to review warm and cool colors.  So after cutting our tissue paper into pieces I organized them into warm and cool colors. 



I cut our contact paper into rectangles and added a 1" black border to the sticky side.


Then they just had to choose a few horses (stick them down first) and fill in the background with tissue paper.  


When they finished the back was quite a mess.  I added a second sheet of contact paper to keep it somewhat contained!




Then we hung them in the window! Each girl made a warm picture and a cool picture.









I really like how they turned out.  I think the girls do too; although they wanted more horses! Definitely an activity we will do again, but it will probably be with different silhouettes.




Bottom Ad [Post Page]